Here's What You Need To Know About The Future of Facebook and Instagram
Last week we hosted an event in collaboration with Meta!
Kirsty Wilson, Bianca Benussi, Ellie McDonald and Annalise Deakin from Meta AUS flew over to teach our content creators about all the new features of Facebook and Instagram, including important safety features, and best practices for reels and creating engaging content. They touched on how using trends and cultural moments can help improve reach.
Here are the key takeaways we learnt:
Meta has released a new feature that allows you to directly share your Reels to Facebook with Cross App Recommendation. This shares your Reels to the new Facebook Reels feature and introduces your content to new audiences.
Try trending sounds and utilise cultural moments in your Reels to gain more reach but make sure to use them in your own unique way that fits your style and your audience.
When you’re watching Reels you can identify the trending audios by looking for an arrow by the title of the audio rather than a music note.
You can hide words that you don’t want people commenting on your content; people will still be able to comment, but their comment will be hidden. This is useful if you want to hide certain words or any private information e.g. your address.
If you’re posting content on Instagram with another person, post it as a collaboration so that it is posted to both feeds.
6. You can now use “Add Yours” on Reels (instead of just Stories) to reach new audiences.
7. You can now reply to comments with a Reel. This new feature allows you to interact with your audience creatively and more directly.
8. You can now remix photos and Reels, this allows you to tap into the reach that you’ve already gained from an old post to create new content.
9. 80% of people watch Reels with the sound on, make sure you think strategically about the audio you’re using.
10. The most important thing you need to do is turn on two factor verification! It’s the best way to keep your account safe from being hacked.